S/PDIF output in i81k with Nvidia GeForce 2 Go, and LCD problems.

Hi all,

before of all, i wish you a new happy year.

Too i may ask for to excuse for my very bad english.

Well, the problem, i'm trying to activate my s/pdif output in i81k for attach it to a TV. I'm configured it following Nvidia instructions, but doesn't run. I changed my XF86Config-4 in these mode:

Section "Monitor"

# Identificador Tele

   Identifier "Television"

   HorizSync  30-50

   VertRefresh 60

EndSection

[....]

# **********************************************************************

# Graphics device section

# **********************************************************************

Section "Device"

   Identifier  "NV AGP"

   VendorName  "nvidia"

   BoardName   "GeForce2 Go"

   Driver   "nvidia"

   # update this with the PCI id of your card.  Consult the output

   # of the 'lspci' command.

   BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"

# I've found that option IgnoreEDID is not necessary

   Option    "IgnoreEDID"     "1"

# AGP *seems* to work for me, so I've commented out the next line also. #Some people seem to feel the need to

#    turn it off and I'm not sure why. Anyone got any reasons?

# HBT: turned off AGP (was "3") as per l-d-l # 6912, that there is a #conflict between it and APM.

   Option "NvAgp" "0"

# Lineas de opciones para ver la television

   Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"

   Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"

   #Option "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"

EndSection

[...]

# Configuracion para la salida de television.

Section "Screen"

   Identifier "Tele"

   Device       "NV AGP"

   Monitor       "Television"

   Option "TwinView"

   Option "Metamodes" "800x600;"

   Option "TVStandar" "PAL-G"

   DefaultColorDepth 24

   Subsection "Display"

Depth 24
     Modes         "800x600"

     ViewPort 0 0

   EndSubsection

EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"

   Identifier "layout1"

#    Screen     "screen1"

   Screen    "Tele"

   InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"

   InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"

EndSection

Well, TV output is activated and i can see my linux in my TV, but the problem is that i can't to change output format to PAL-G, TV format in Spanish. Output is in NTSC-M format, by default, i see in log:

(**) NVIDIA(0): Option "NvAGP" "0"

(**) NVIDIA(0): Option "IgnoreEDID" "1"

(**) NVIDIA(0): Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"

(**) NVIDIA(0): Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"

(**) NVIDIA(0): Option "TwinView"

(**) NVIDIA(0): Option "MetaModes" "800x600;"

(**) NVIDIA(0): Forcing SVIDEO output

(**) NVIDIA(0): Use of AGP disabled per request

(**) NVIDIA(0): Ignoring EDIDs

(**) NVIDIA(0): ConnectedMonitor string: "TV"

(**) NVIDIA(0): TwinView enabled

[...]

(==) NVIDIA(0): Backing store disabled

(==) NVIDIA(0): Silken mouse enabled

(II) Loading extension NV-GLX

(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "TVStandar" is not used

(II) Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM

I think that i changed all correctly, but i don't get desireed format output. I try to activate option in differents sections with identical results, i have lost.

Anybody can help me?

Other problem, lost days i have problems with my LCD. I have bios A12 from dell, well, when i work for many hours and i exit from my kde to grafic login, LCD appears to change blank, but this is no totally of, i can see X system with very very few brightness and colour. If i restart, LCD follows in same way, and i can't see bios screen too. I think that is a bios problem because in windows ME LCD follows same way but i don't know certainly, anybody know?

I need to know, because guaranties finish next month, and if this is a LCD problem... you know.

Well, i hope that you can understand my very poor english. If you need more data for TV output problem, you say.

Thanks in advanced.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.

---

Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,

para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.

---------

Desde El Ejido, en Almeria, usuario registrado linux #294013

http://www.counter.li.org