Re: S/PDIF output in i81k with Nvidia GeForce 2 Go, and LCD problems.

* Rubén Gómez Antolí <mixtolobo@jazzfree.com> [2002-12-31 15:34] :
> Hi all,
>
> before of all, i wish you a new happy year.

Thanks. Same for you.

> Well, the problem, i'm trying to activate my s/pdif output in i81k for
> attach it to a TV. I'm configured it following Nvidia instructions, but
> doesn't run. I changed my XF86Config-4 in these mode:

[...]

> # Configuracion para la salida de television.
>
> Section "Screen"
>
>    Identifier "Tele"
>
>    Device       "NV AGP"
>
>    Monitor       "Television"
>
>    Option "TwinView"
>
>    Option "Metamodes" "800x600;"
>
>    Option "TVStandar" "PAL-G"

Here it looks suspicious to me. If I look at Nvidia website
(http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86_40/1.0-4191/README), it says :

Option "TVStandard" "string"
                 ^

This would explain why this option is ignored.

[...]

> Well, TV output is activated and i can see my linux in my TV, but the
> problem is that i can't to change output format to PAL-G, TV format in
> Spanish. Output is in NTSC-M format, by default, i see in log:

[...]

> (WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "TVStandar" is not used

Seems to be confirmed here.

HTH

Fred