Re: Compaq Evo N800v and acpi

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 01:04, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> * Raul Aranda Blasco (raul.aranda@dragon-lance.net) wrote:
> > I can't get acpi (the battery and power adapter part) to work on a
> > Compaq Evo N800v, I've tried the last patch from
> > http://sf.net/project/acpi and it doesn't show the battery state and the
> > power adapter says it's always connected.
> >
> > Has anyone made this work on a Compaq Evo N800v?
>
> the battery monitor applet you are using (it sounds like the one from
> KDE) must be ACPI aware. I suspect it isn't.

  I'm using gnome 2, the problem there isn't in the applet, the problem
is that under /proc/acpi there isn't information about battery and about
the AC adapter always says that is connected. (I've all the modules
about acpi loaded)

paladine:~# acpi -V
No support for device type: thermal
  AC Adapter 1: on-line

(when I ran the command the AC there wasn't connected)

--
Un saludo