Re: toshiba 1800 : XFree86 echec :

Tuesday 31 December 2002, alle 07:12, André Lefranc:
: Please excuse me for my poor English language.
:
: I want install on my laptop a Debian (woody) distribution.
: laptop : Toshiba 1800 100
: Lilo boot and Kernel good :
: I' retrieve my old folder /home/andre with all files (login and pass are ok)
: But I' can't install Xwindow : (It was OK before with Mandrake 8.2 or 9)
: error message :
: screen no find : no such device: Somebody have do that , I' thinks...
:
: is-there and archive ? what URL ?
:
: thanks for your kindly help...
:
Have you Mandrake still on your system? If yes check if the X is
configured to use the frame buffer device. If so use modconf to load
frame buffer on you kernel. If you are using a kernel without frame
buffer try installing bf2.4 it has the module.

I also read that the trident module of XFree86 4 works fine.

Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa e-mail: sc@linux.it
To follow the path: look at the master, follow the master, walk with the