Yet another "what laptop should I buy?" question

Hi,

  I know this is a common question on this list but there are
  so many laptops available in the world that it is pretty hard
  to make up one's mind.

  Basically, I'm interested in buying a laptop with the following
  requirements:
  - cheaper than 2500 euros
  - lighter than 3 kg
  - 3 hours autonomy
  - good linux supported hardware
  - can be used to replace my main computer

  So far, Compaq Presario 28xx and IBM Thinkpad R series look
  interesting.
  I was also tempted by an Apple IBook but I managed to install
  Debian on it at work and couldn't manage to make it work out of
  the box (heavy use of unofficial resources on unofficial sites).

  Could anyone give me opinions and advices?

  Thanks in advance.

  Cheers,

  PS: please CC me on reply

--