Re: Set http_proxy on cardctl insert

    Philipp> I am trying to cope with different network
    Philipp> environments. I set up various schemes in
    Philipp> /etc/pcmcia/network.opts. This works fine. For one of
    Philipp> those schemes I need to set http_proxy.

The best option I've been able to come up with is to have (at least) a
simple proxy running on the laptop and change its configuration when
the network changes.  Along with a local DNS caching server, this
means that your browser will simply continue to work after network
changes.

I do this:

    galeon -> wwwoffle -> junkbuster -> upstream-proxy/direct
      .
      .
     pdnsd

I use laptop-net to automatically change configuration files and
restart daemons...

Works like a beauty, although FTP an be a little problematic to get
right.  A good advantage of the above setup is that wwwoffle offers
offline browsing and searching.

I must figure out how to configure privoxy (and allow laptop-net to
change its configuration), so I can ditch junkbuster (which is
obsolete in sid)...

peace & happiness,
martin