Re: Bluetooth Blues!

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 12:04:10AM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> I was reading a website recently (I am considering buying some bluetooth
> equipment) and I seem to recall a discussion of Sony laptops and bluetooth.
> Seems they require some acpi utility to actually turn the bluetooth hardware
> on.

Yes. The spicctrl program turns on the blue tooth system on the sonys. It
powers up fine. (well it turns on the blue light and claims to have found
a bluetooth converter.) The bluetooth converter attaches to ttyUB0. when
you cat this various bluetooth messages appear in the syslog.

The endpoints thing I think is related to the hci_usb driver which is
loaded after the bluetooth driver. I could of course be wrong. I've been
wrong before and I am sure I will be again.

???? Do I need to pass this module (hci_usb) any arguments on load ????

There should I believe be three end points for bluetooth; bulk in, bulk
out, interrupt in. These are being reported as found but there is no
mention of any thing else going on other than bluetooth driver not bound.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Is it worth giving the axis stack a go?
--
David Foster