Re: woody install on laptop

milti wrote:

hello,

for the past couple of days, ive been trying
to do a floppy/network install of woody on my
sony picturebook (usb floppy/xircom netcard)
and have not been able to get past the rescue
disk:  the error that stands out is

   root fs not mounted

i had potato installed (via pcmcia cd drive) just
fine before and actually was able to do some perl
network programming before the upgrade bug
bit me, so i know debian works fine on my pc.  does
anyone have any ideas as to what i need to say
at the boot prompt??  id like to finally get my picturebook
installed with the minimal windows/full debian/full netbsd.
netbsd installed like a dream.  but id like to try woody
as well.  how to get past the rescue floppy??

ive been trying this some more and the problem seems to
be the usb floppy drive.  is there anyone who has had this
problem and knows how to surmount it??

milti