Greetings !! Debian /laptop newbie

Greetings all !

  I am new to Debian although not new to Linux.. and I
just did my first Debian in stall on a Toshiba 486 -33
T4700CT Laptop.  It has a 800 Meg HD  24 Megs Ram.. No
CD.. No NIC/Modem Just a floppy and  HD.. thats it.

  I downloaded all the floppies (26?) and did the
Woody Base Install.  I always heard Debian was harder
to install and configure but once in was rock solid.
I got encouraged by going to a presentation at my
local LUG and decided to give Debian a try.. Now the
base is in.. I will be needing help to get the rest
done I am sure.  I need an X window.. and productivity
software, ( basic office suite.. or componenets
thereof).

   I just wanted to introduce myself and my
situation.. I look forward to talking with you all
more.

Regards,

Mark Banschbach,
Tampa, FL