Sony Vaio EEPROM, testers wanted

Hello everyone.

I am probably off-topic, so feel free to skip to the next post ;)

I am currently trying to decode an EEPROM that can be found on some Sony
Vaio laptops. I asked Sony for specification but they (as you may have
guessed) refused to provide any help. So I did a guess job from my own
Vaio EEPROM, but some fields are still mysterious. I would like to find
other people having such an EEPROM on their laptops, and was told that
this list was "the best laptop list ever" (yes, really) so here I am,
begging for help.

If you own a Sony Vaio laptop, you can help me. Of course, you don't
have to, but I would appreciate.

If you decide to help me, you'll need to have the i2c-source and
lm-sensors-source packages installed and compiled. The EEPROM is
accessed through the I2C bus. If you have a recent kernel (2.4.13 or
later), then you may not need i2c-source, only lm-sensors-source, but I
don't know about debian dependancies. Do what's easier for you.

You then need to install the lm-sensors packages. For stable and
testing, you'll need an additional program, i2cdetect (it is included in
the unstable lm-sensors package). Just get it from here:
http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/cvs/browse.cgi/lm_sensors2/prog/detect/i2cdetect.c
And compile it with:
gcc -Wall -O2 i2cdetect.c -o i2cdetect

Now we need to determine which driver you need for your I2C bus and load
the required modules. You should run the "sensors-detect" script (as
root if possible) which will detect it for you.
When asked if you want to probe, say YES.
When asked if you want to load the module(s), say YES.
When asked about undetectable adapters, say NO (unless the first probe
didn't actually probe anything and you think it should have).
When asked if you want to load i2c-dev, say YES.
When asked if you want to scan the adapter(s), say YES.
When asked about ISA chips, press Ctrl+C. We're done.

Now I would like you to run "i2cdetect 0" (still as root), and send me
the result. If more than one adapter was detected, you can try
"i2cdetect 1" and so on. What I need is the output of the i2cdetect
commands. Please also tell me the exact model name of your Vaio laptop.
If you can provide a copy of what the "sensors-detect" script said when
scanning the adapter(s), it may be interesting as well.

I think I've said it all. Thanks everyone for your attention, and sorry
again for being off-topic.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/