Re: blank screen on bootup

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 06:39:27PM -0800, Ashifi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed debian via the net (media-less install) on my iBook
> (purchased in August this year). I have separate partitions for OS X
> and OS 9. When I rebooted after installing debian, I just get a blank
> black screen. I can boot into the other operating systems by pressing
> the option key at startup and choosing a different startup volume. The
> debian disk (disk with a penguin) shows up on that menu too. Any help
> please?
>
> Ashifi

I don't actually know (I've not yet put debian on my tibook) but I do
know that the debian-powerpc list discusses the PPC laptops as well as
desktops.  So perhaps cross-posting the question there would be good.

As a laptop issue, I'd kinda like to know what the answer turns out to
be, once you find it.

It doesn't sound like you're missing the bootloader (something that
gotcha's everybody, PCs and Macs alike) so I'm stumped.

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...
                * Starshine Technical Services -*- 800 938 4078