Re: Mouse on a dell Latitude C640

Ori Weisberg, 2002-Nov-12 16:38 -0800:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a dell Latitude C640,
> and running kernel 2.4.18 with XF86 4.2.1
>
> The laptop has both a touchpad and the tracking stick
> as built-in tracking device. My problem seems to be in
> how these respond. The touchpad seems very sensitive,
> it will do stuff even though i am not touching it. In
> addition, the regular mouse buttons do not always
> respond to clicking.
>
> in XF86Config-4
> the protocol is set to "PS/2" and
> the device to "/dev/psaux"
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)
> Ori

I have a Latitude CPx J Series, an older version of the 600.  It runs
Woody and kernel 2.4.19.  I've found that the touchpad is quite
sensitive as well.  I set the BIOS so that when I have a regular mouse
plugged into the PS/2 port the touchpad and stick are disabled.  This
doesn't work when I have a usb mouse plugged in though.  I've simply
learned to keep my hands, and mostly my thumbs, away from the pad when
using the keyboard.  My buttons work okay.  They could be a bit easier
to depress though.  Perhaps your's are just new and need to loosen
up.  I don't know of a way to adjust the sensitivity of the pad or the
buttons.

sorry,
jc

--