Re: Eth0 will not work after kernel recompile

Mattia Dongili wrote:

Hi,

I have compiled a new kernel with ACPI support to get my sound working.
[...]
I have a realtek 8139 ethernet chip. and I have tried compiling the driver into the kernel, I have tried making it a module. I have tried other kernels that do not include ACPI, and I have tried 2.4.18 source without ACPI.

what am I doing wrong?

do the modules load correcty? Please post errors if any

have you set CONFIG_FILTER and CONFIG_PACKET in you newer kernel?
are you using dhclient or pump? (try `dhclient eth0` or `pump eth0` and post any error)

bye
--
mattia

thanks,