Re: CLEVO 2xxxC SIR/IrDA Config

Mark Janssen wrote:

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 14:00, Paulo Lopes wrote:
Can someone "teach" me how to configure the IrDA for my laptop? I own a Clevo 2700C and according to the manual the IR port is:

I've just played with this on my 2700C last week (to get my palm to sync
over irda)

Make sure the bios settings for IR are as follows (won't work in other
modes)

HPSIR/FAST-IR
COM-2 (2F8, IRQ 3, DMA 3)

It should then be usable from /dev/ircomm0 or /dev/ircomm1.

Using irdadump you should see packets going across when you put an
IR-capable device (palm/phone/other laptop) in front of it..
I've checked my BIOS settings and choosed
FAST-IR
COM-2 (2F8, IRQ3, DMA 3)

i've started "irdadump" and in another "window" i've tryed "minicom /dev/ircomm0" (the phone was connected with the irda link) and nothing happend on irdadump, and on minicom the status was offline. Then i tryed minicom /dev/ircomm1 -> it returned /dev/ttyS1 is locked

i've listed the modules, "lsmod" and here's the dump:

sis                    48320   2
irtty                   5472   1  (autoclean)
ircomm-tty             18816   1  (autoclean)
ircomm                  7068   0  (autoclean) [ircomm-tty]
irda                   78284   1  (autoclean) [irtty ircomm-tty ircomm]
usb-ohci               17728   0  (unused)
usbcore                47840   1  [usb-ohci]
agpgart                12416   3
sis900                 12036   1
af_packet              11560   0
rtc                     5528   0  (autoclean)

i've cheched the ifconfig and there were a irda0 entry, i've stopped it with "ifconfig irda0 down" and tryed to remove the modules but they don't move out (don't know why)... and every time i try the minicom doesn't work...

Paulo Lopes.