Re: CLEVO 2xxxC SIR/IrDA Config

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 14:00, Paulo Lopes wrote:
> Can someone "teach" me how to configure the IrDA for my laptop? I own a
> Clevo 2700C and according to the manual the IR port is:

I've just played with this on my 2700C last week (to get my palm to sync
over irda)

Make sure the bios settings for IR are as follows (won't work in other
modes)

HPSIR/FAST-IR
COM-2 (2F8, IRQ 3, DMA 3)

It should then be usable from /dev/ircomm0 or /dev/ircomm1.

Using irdadump you should see packets going across when you put an
IR-capable device (palm/phone/other laptop) in front of it..

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT