CLEVO 2xxxC SIR/IrDA Config

Hi,

Can someone "teach" me how to configure the IrDA for my laptop? I own a Clevo 2700C and according to the manual the IR port is:

 - Fast Infrared (FIR) file transfer, IrDA 1.1 or ASKIR (SHARP standard)

I've compiled my kernel (2.4.18) with IrDA support and build all the FIR modules. The problem is that i can load any, because they all fail...

I've checked the /dev for the device "ircomm0" and it's there with the major mumber 161, then i tryed "minicom /dev/ircomm0" with a mobile phone (Nokia 7110) with the IR link activated but i can't connect... minicom starts and i try to write "ATZ\r" but the phone doesn't seam to be connected...

Does anyone know how to configure this?

Thanks!

Paulo Lopes.