Problems with LAN adapter on a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook E6575

Hi all,

I am trying to install Debian Potato with kernel 2.2.19 on a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook E6575.

So far I was not able to get the LAN adapter running. Windows 2000 recognizes it as an 'Intel Pro/100 VE'.

I tried the eepro100 module (which works on a similar laptop: E6560) but apparently it cannot handle this card. After searching on linux-laptop.net I learned that there is a driver from Intel, e100.

I downloaded and compiled it successfully and without any error messages but if I run 'depmod -a' I get an error message about unresolved symbols. 'modprobe e100' also just throws error messages at me...

Any idea how I can resolve this? According to Intel the driver should work with this kernel.

Is there a chance that the eepro100 module in some 2.4.x kernel could fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Müller
Jetzt testen fur 1 Euro! Ihr All-in-one-Paket!
https://digitaledienste.web.de/Club/?mc=021106