Re: ACPI patch for the Gnome2 battery applet

> Give it a try. It scans /proc/acpi/battery and ac_adapter looking for a
> subdir with the state and info files, and uses the first subdir it
> founds with those files. The scan is done only once, and

If it only uses the first it will use my empty battery socket (where my
cd writer is in) :-(
Multiple-battery support would be nice; (even if i have only one)
Any idea how to do battery-change detection?

> If enough people test it and find it works in their system, I'll submit
> the patch to the applet author.

I already posted the debian-laptop archive URL to the corresponding bugs
in gnome bugzilla. It certainly is an improvement to the current way
they are doing this.

Greetings,
Erich

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
        A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.