Re: dual head on ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY

Hi,

I will answer my question myself (at least partially)... :)

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 13:00, Sebastian Kanthak wrote:
> thanks for your quick respose, Craig. I've set things up, the way you
> described, but unfortunately, it did not work. What does work is that X
> seems to run in xinerama mode with two screens: I only see half of this
> screen on my external monitor, but my laptop's LCD display stays black. I
> can move windows and the mouse out of my crt, but they don't appear on the
> LCD. Of course, I've tried to cycle through the different modes, with the
> special "display key combination" of my ThinkPad, but I only get working
> one of my screens, or both of them showing exactly the same. :(
>
> The logs show, that X sets up two devices and even detects both screens. It
> even gets the manufacture names of the crt and the LCD. But it seems to
> "forget" to activate the LCD? Does anybody have an idea, how to solve this?
> I've the feeling, that I'm very close...

It works perfectly, if I don't attach the CRT to the laptop at boot time. It
seems the BIOS is doing something nasty. This is somewhat uncomfortable,
because I have to plug-out/plug-in the cable often (even during reboot!), so
I would be glad, if someone knew a better solution.

ciao Sebastian

--
Sebastian Kanthak        |        sebastian.kanthak@muehlheim.de