Re: Module 3c575_cb dropped from kernel-pcmcia-modules?

install the kernel-source-2.4.18,  and pcmcia-cs packages. You'll need
to /usr/src/kernel-src/2.4.18 and running make oldconfig is a good
start). You'll need to NOT use the in-kernel pcmcia stuff, but rather
use the pcmcia-source pcmcia stuff (the 3com 575, for some unknown
reason to me, is only supported by the old pcmcia-cs package)

Go through a 'make config' as well-- you'll need to set some other
things, and may want to remove certain types of support (scsi) that you
won't use to make your kernel run faster.

In short (though you really should read the KERNEL_HOWTO and the docs in
/usr/share/doc/pcmcia-source and /usr/share/doc/kernel-package):

apt-get update
apt-get install kernel-package libncurses5-dev kernel-source-2.4.18
pcmcia-source pcmcia-cs
export PATCH_THE_KERNEL=YES
cd /usr/src
tar xvjf kernel-source-2.4.18.tar.bz2
cd kernel-source-2.4.18
cp /boot/config.whatever-you-have-that-you-like .config
make oldconfig
make menuconfig
make-kpkg clean
make-kpkg --revision=<revision-no> kernel_image modules_image
cd ..
dpkg -i kernel-image-revision
dpkg -i pcmcia-modules-revision

check your lilo and look at the symlinks for /vmlinuz*, make sure that
you're happy with those settings, rerun lilo,

shutdown -r +1 new kernel

Then Robert is your mother's brother.

glen