Re: Woody on Sony VAIO PCG-8A6M, GRX316G

Hi Charbel,

  thanks very much for the detailed step by step guide. Together with
the information of Mattia I have been able to do almost all of the
described tasks. There is just one thing which I didn't get done
properly. I am talking about the finger crossing thing. Hmmh. That
didn't work out. I got a kernel panic when rebooting. Where can I look
for the reason of the panic? I grepped through /var/log for panic but
with no success. I found some stuff in /var/log/ksymoops (whatever that
is), but it didn't make any sense to me too.

  Any ideas?

  Btw. Sorry for coming back that late, but I didn't have the time to
try the described way before and was also thrown back when some of the
things didn't work as expected, but also learned a bit about debian
coming from SuSE, RedHat, Mandrake I am very impressed. Debian seems to
be exactly what I was looking for.

Mariano