Woody on Sony VAIO PCG-8A6M, GRX316G

Hi,

  I am both new to debian and new to sony's vaio.

  The first thing I am wondering about is the model names?! I bought a
notebook advertised as GRX316G, but on the backside of my machine it is
called PCG-8A6M. Does anybody how these different model names relate to
each other? I have seen both kind of model names on
linux-on-laptops.org, but no exact match for my machine.

  My machine has a 16.1 inch screen with a physical resolution of
1600x1200. The ads say it has a ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500. Is there any
other machine like that?

  Did anybody have this laptop and installed woody on it? How to
activate sound and acpi? How to activate an external mouse, the cd
writer, dvd player and usb?

  I did a basic installation but with not much of a success. There is
support for the internal mouse, but the mouse sometimes is very, very
inaccurate -it jumps-.

  The XServer hangs sometimes the whole machine. It jumps. Can it be
possible that the xserver hangs the whole machine? At least CTRL+ALT+DEL
or ALT+F1 doesn't work anymore...

  What is the right approach to setup XFree? I believe I now use a
default vga x-server (Driver "vesa"???).

  I know this is a lot of questions. I would be happy, if you could
answer one of the points, at least a direction would be nice.

Cheers,
Mariano