Re: Re:

> You might try running 'xev' and checking the output when you press the
> keys.  I'm playing with that and my Logitech keyboard that has extra
> keys.

You really believe i hadn't tried that? They don't generate
interrupts either, btw.
My logitech worked fine, my extra keys on the dell inspiron work fine,
too... but they needed (up to a certain bios version, now they behave
like regular keys, so "hotkeys" works like a charm) an extra tool.
Guess Compaq uses a similar thing.

Greetings,
Erich

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
     A man doesn't know what he knows until he knows what he doesn't know.