Re: Why cant I get an internet connection

shaun bokowski, 2002-Aug-18 20:54 -0700:
> Thanks for replying, and yes I have the eth0 just like yours.
> I know I have pump or dhcp install . How can I get it going ?
>

> Shaun Bokowski

Shaun,

Not to be a pest, but for housekeeping purposes, please keep this
discussion on the list.  Also, reply at the bottom of the email to
help keep things consistant for those who may be following the
thread...thanks.

Now, for running pump or dhclient, run as root by entering "pump" or
"dhclient".  You can specify an interface as well, "-i eth0" if you
like, but it's not necessary if you have only one.  Otherwise, it will
run on all interfaces.  All the dhcp activity is logged to
/var/log/syslog, so check there for details of what happens.

good luck,
jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer