ObeliX ./. MobiliX: The Gauls want a second round in court

Hi,

though not technically related to laptops, I suppose my press release
from today might interest you.

Werner

German Linux Projects under Trademark Trouble

Though Obelix has lost the charge against the trademark
the Gauls want a second round in court. Even before the end of the
appelation time "Lés Editions Albert René" has appealed against
the decision of the German court. To deliver detailed arguments
their lawyers now have time until 26th September.
The charge about 250.000 USD was accusing
a name which might be mistaken for Obelix. And therefore abusing
the good reputation of Obelix. But during the first round
in the court at Munich these arguments were rejected by the judges.
The judges argued that the trademark MobiliX is built from
the word "Mobil" and the abbrevation "iX". This abbrevation
is a very common description for UniX projects. But this didn't
impress the plaintiff, they are continuing their way through
the courts and they are already charging other German Linux
projects. At <a href="http://mobilix.org";>MobiliX</a> many
informations about BSD, Linux and other UniXes on laptops,
PDAs, cell phones and other mobile computers are available.
The documentation of the case is available

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe(@)mobilix.org>       T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86