Re: XFree error & ATI RADEON Mobility M6 LY rev 0

It works now but I don't know why !:-|
The difference is that I have re-installed my Debian box
using tasksel and installing more things then the first
time.

After that, all works well !

I think the package should need more dependencies
but it's SID ;-)

	François

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:12:43 +1000, de|ire <delire@selectparks.net> wrote:

  | hi i have the same card.  it can be confusing..
  |
  | you can run it fine using the xfree ati driver. though if you want to use the accellerated graphics power of the card you need to make sure you have the latest DRI package and libmesa [http://dri.sf.net].
  | once this has been installed, make the entry 'radeon' in /etc/modules and manually copy the radeon.o driver over to your /lib/modules/.../char/drm/ folder. then make sure you have no libmesavoodo libs on your machine anywhere, as these are often given application preference over the libmesa stuff [which gives you OpenGL]. your xf86 config needs to have some adjustments. please see mine [attached] for help. [bear in mind that my xf86config references the x driver for the radeon card, but /etc/modules loads the dri dirver.]
  | once these are done rmmod radeon, then insmod radeon [to insert the new radeon driver]. then startx and run glxinfo to be sure you are running the DRI drivers. glxinfo should read "direct rendering = yes".
  |
  | cheers,
  |
  | at approximately Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:33:25 +0200, the X-mailer used by
  | Francois Chenais <francois@chenais.net> suggested that "[🔎] 20020812123325.5c08b036.francois@chenais.net" is somehow related to:
  |

  |       > | Hello,
  |       > |
  |       > | 	I have a Nec Versa L320 using ATI RADEON Mobility M6 LY rev 0 video
  |       > | 	card with jigdo installed. Kernel bf-2.4.18.
  |       > |
  |       > | 	I have installed XFree 4.2.0 (protocol v 11, rev 0, vendor release 6600)
  |       > | 	from www/A-Eskwadraat.nl/~bas/x4.2 sid/i386/  deb server.
  |       > |
  |       > | 	startx faild with error
  |       > | 	(EE) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP not available
  |       > | 	(EE) RADEON(0): [drm] failed to remove DRM signal handler
  |       > | 	DRIUnlock called when not locked
  |       > | 	agpgart and radeon modules are installed
  |       > | 	Any idea ?