Re: high memory usage in KDE?

Hi Nick,

nick phillips <np@f-matic.net> wrote:

> so, my question is: is this an ordinary amount of memory for KDE to
> use? are there any ways to decrease memory usage so i can minimize
> using swap space? or should i think about switching to GNOME or
> another window manager? i like KDE a lot - i would just like it to use
> less memory!

IIRC, Linux allocates a lot of memory for the disk buffer, so it's not
only the applications that cause the high memory consumption. Anyway, I
would recommend icewm if you're looking for a window manager that is
less hungry concerning memory.

Regards,
Niklas

--
Not everything worth doing is worth doing well.