Re: Monitoring disk access

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 04:43:19PM +0200, Walter Hofmann wrote:
> > >   - Change /etc/cron.d/exim to prevent exim from running the queue every
> > >     15 minutes (mind the consequences!)
> > I use postfix, is there a similar trick for it ?
> I don't know. See if it installs a cron job somewhere.

Set queue_run_delay to some obscenely large value (default is 1000s).
Then run "postfix flush" when you connect to the network, dial-up or
whatever.

This might not be the only thing needed to stop postfix accessing the
disk, however. But it should work for the problem at hand.

regards,

--
Borut Mrak, b@aufbix.org
PGP: finger b@aufbix.org