Re: external mouse

From: "Jay" <jarias@semex.global.sharp.co.jp>

> I'm starting to see a pattern here...most posts that I have read in this
> forum, users complain about some fault with debian, specially with Dell
> Inspiron models. I will steer clear from Dell laptops from now on.

That's completely wrong.  Most people who post here don't have anything to
say about Dells.  What _is_ common is people who do have Dells (particularly
Inspirons) having trouble with both video and mice.  That's a result of  (a)
Dell having zero support policy for Linux; and (b) not checking the list
archives.  So, yes, if you need your hand held you want to stay away from
Dells, but its no big deal if you can use google or the list archive.

> Anyway, you should be able to use both at the same time (PS/2 and touch
> pad), but if you want to plug a mouse in w/o restarting the PC you should
> work with a serial mouse. It won't lock up on you when you plug or unplug.

That's pretty primitive, isn't it?