Re: how to load a module for vfat fs support?

I would check out the /lib/modules/2.4.10/ directories on your machine to make sure the correct modules are there. Try the following

$ find /lib/modules/2.4.10 -name 'vfat.o'

to see if the file 'vfat.o' exists. It should be in /lib/modules/2.4.10/kernel/fs/vfat/

if not, then something happened during the kernel compile process, and the module wasn't compiled, or wasn't placed where it should be. If it is there, 'insmod vfat' or 'modprobe vfat' should do the trick.

HTH,

--
Mike Alborn <malborn@deandra.homeip.net>
http://deandra.homeip.net

Gale Stafford wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I just tried modconf. Modconf is displaying the Select Category screen, and I only have three categories of modules

kernel/drivers/net
kernel/drivers/net/pcmcia
kernel/drivers/net/wireless

Thus, I have no way of selecting vfat. How do I get a 'vfat' or 'fs/vfat' category of modules to show up in this screen? Is it just a matter of copying my lib/modules/2.4.10/.../vfat folder contents to another directory?

Gale Stafford

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:38:07 +0200