problems with woody installing on a dell inspiron

I am installing woody on a dell inspiron 8100. I am having a problem with installing the eth card module 3c59x. It always fails to load, yet with the potato release it installs fine. does anyone else have this problem? and how did they get their card working? I am unable to get any package lists and the such because my card does not get initialized. and if anyone can post their kernel config for their dell inspirion it would appreciated.