Re: Driver for Intel 10/100 (Toshiba Satellite 1400)

Stephen Gran <gashuffer09@comcast.net> writes:

> This one time, at band camp, Charles Lewis said:
> > Can't find a driver that works for my built in ethernet port. The device id
> > is 8086:1059.
> > None of the obvious drivers work (eepro100,eexpress,eepro,etc). Any ideas?
> > Please CC me, as I am on the road for the next 2 weeks. Thanks.
> Try cat /proc/pci - it may give you the vendor ID, and you can go from
> there.  Looked at their website, but it wasn't very helpful.
> linux-laptop didn't have anything either ;-(

I don't know where you looked but there is a long list of Toshiba PCs
at http://linux.toshiba-dme.co.jp/linux/eng/speclist.php3.  It doesn't
mention any Satellite 1400, though :-(
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, CID
LPIC-2               -- I hack, therefore I am --                 BOFH