Re: Battery Life

> My main point is that the journalling filesystem isn't a *huge* strain on
> power resources (even if you can do even better with just ext2).

Well, it prevents noflushd from powering down your hard drive. I tried
it. After switching to ext2 i ocassionally hear my drive power down, and
that certainly will save power.

> And the advantage of journalling is fantastic. The number of times I've
> pulled the power cord out, mistakenly thinking the battery was in place...
> (I typically remove the battery when on AC, to sustain battery life)

I usually have the battery in place, and i have never pulled my power
cord mistakenly. Fortunately.

I'd love to see ext3 with the noflush hooks working...

Greetings,
Erich

--
erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.