Re: Battery Life

Hi,

> As a note, I don't know if/don't think there is support for the
> "speed-step" feature of some laptop pentiums, which would probably help you
> the most.  Other list uses may know better than i do?

check:

http://www.goof.com/pcg/marc/speedstep.html

works great on my Dell 8100 with a PIII-M/1200, but doesn't on a Dell 8000
with a PIII-M/900 (therefore not the newer Tualatin core).

Have been using this for weeks in battery-optimized mode as default even when
on AC; the machine stays way cooler and the fans come on much less.

Regards,
  Frank