Re: Battery Life

On 21 Jun 2002 22:47:49 -0400
Andrew Biggadike <abiggadike@triad.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm running Woody on a Dell Latitude C800 and yesterday I noticed that
> the battery life of my laptop ran out much quicker than it does when it
> is booted into Windows.  (Approx. 50 min compared to 2.5 hrs.)
>
> Does anybody know of any reasons that may cause this, or potential
> solutions?  Thanks,
>
> Andrew
>
> (If you need more system info just let me know)

There is plenty of information out there on this, mostly about kernel/module setup.  Are you comfortable with configuring a new kernel?  If so you've probably seen options for apm (advanced power management) and the like, and tht should be where you start.  Sorry I can't provide more info than that, but others here may wish to help.  I think you'll get more help out of searching these mailing lists and the web than we can guarantee.

As a note, I don't know if/don't think there is support for the "speed-step" feature of some laptop pentiums, which would probably help you the most.  Other list uses may know better than i do?