Re: Toshiba 2805-S302 Woody

No, this "Problem" is not solved. The whole idea of a journaled fs is
that it is constantly write the previous disk actions to a journal, to
be "played back" if necessary. You will find that all journaled file
systems will keep your disks spinning, and the only way to my knowledge
to stop this is to use apm to turn off your hd after 5 minutes of
inactivity.
--Alex