Re: Sound Card ohh... Sound Card (was : SC on Dell Latitude Xpi )

arief> When I try to modprobe snd-card-ens137x series, and
arief> snd-card-es1xxx series, comes the invalid resources errors. But
arief> when I try to modprobe snd-ensxxx or snd-es1xxx series, I got no
arief> errors and the modules is installed, at least it was according to
arief> lsmod. But I still got no audio. aumix said : error opening
arief> mixer. XMMS said no audio device.

You probably need the OSS-compatibility modules too: snd-seq-oss,
snd-mixer-oss, and snd-pcm-oss.  ALSA has its own API for outputting
sound, which is different from the old OSS API that most programs use.

Also, make sure that you're in the audio group, so that you have
permissions to access the devices.

--
Hubert Chan <hackerhue@geek.com> - http://www.geocities.com/hubertchan/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/71FDA37F