Re: Sound Card on Dell Latitude Xpi P100SD

arief muLya, 2002-Apr-06 11:30 +0700:
> Dear all,
>

> I got on my hand now a Dell Latitude XPi P100SD.
>
> I got it working fine and perfectly with Potato (Even got the X-windows
> working:-). Except for one thing. The sound card hasn't detected so far.
> I read on Dell Website, it's an ES1887 sound card. But it seems they
> don't got any driver for linux :-( They only got drivers for DOS and
> Win* family.
>
> I try with alsa-drivers with ES18xx but it still not working.
> I don't know for sure, but on this Laptop I don't thing there's any ISA
> interface, but it does have PCI to ISA Bridge, I read it with lspci
> command.
>
> Anybody have a clue?

I think your best option is to us the ALSA sound system.  I
checked in the 2.4.18 kernel source and the ES1887 is supported,
but you'd have to update with Bunk's packages or go to Woody to
run the 2.4.x kernel.  Check out ALSA, I think that's the easiest
option.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer