Re: Synaptics TouchPad driver (for Dell Inspiron! and other machines)

> The Synaptics TouchPad driver (XFree86 4.x) is programmed by
> Stefan Gmeiner. It works with the ACER Travelmate and
> probably other laptops (please let me know your results).

It took me all of 2 minutes to get it working on my Inspiron 2500. (OK, I
lied.  Remember to save XF86Config-4 _before_ Ctrl-Alt-BKSP :-) ).  I had to
add a
    Option "CorePointer"
line to the Input Device section.

But I now have (at least) a middle-button, which I never had before.  Now to
play with it.

Thanks very much Werner & Stefan.
--
derek