Synaptics TouchPad driver (for ACER TravelMate and other machines)

The Synaptics TouchPad driver (XFree86 4.x) is programmed by
Stefan Gmeiner. It works with the ACER Travelmate and
probably other laptops (please let me know your results).

The touchpad driver has the following functions (some functions
require features from the touchpad that must be present,
multifinger taps for example):

- Movement with adjustable, non-linear acceleration and speed (Options:
MinSpeed, MaxSpeed, AccelFactor)
- Button events through short touching of the touchpad (Options:
MaxTapTime, MaxTapMove)
- Double-Button events through double short touching of the touchpad
- Dragging through short touching and holding down the finger on the
touchpad
and more.

You may download a binary or source code at
http://mobilix.org/software.html

There are some problems with newer versions of the protocol (firmware),
please let Stefan know, if you have any specs or solutions.
Please direct questions to me.

Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe(@)mobilix.org>       T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86