Re: audio recording noisy on HP OmniBook 4100

On Thursday 18 April 2002 08:26 am, Andreas Heckwolf wrote:
> Of course I am not recording with the built in mic :). I plug in the line
> out of my guitar amp to the microphone input of the laptop...
>
> cheers
>
> Andreas

Line level and Mic levels are very different, line levels being much
hotter. A line level pumped inot a mic level input will be distorted, at
best, without some sort of buffering. If you have some sort of buffer (i.e.
external mixer) you can try in between the guitar and amp, you should try
that, or try using an external mic instead.
HTH