Re: Debian installation problems

Hi There

Please can somebody help me with my Debian installation.
I have tried my first debian installation but with some teething problems.
I have a 6gb disk drive which I have a 3gb partition for Windows and the
rest for linux. First I copied the contents of Debian 2.2.19pre17 disc 1 to
my hard Windows partition. Booted from dos and proceeded with the
installation.

I think the problem lies where I had to choose which components to install.
I tried to install all the Xfree components but still after login I cannot
get XWindows to launch. This is the error I get when I type STARTX.

X: cannot stat /etc/X11/X (No such file or directory), aborting.
giving up.
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

Thanks

Nick