dhcp with two networks

I have one network at work and another at home and
would like my laptop to connect easily in either
place, and would appreciate any advice on how to
do this or on where to find the information on how
to do it.

I have Debian 2.2r5 on my laptop and a static
network configuration for my office was set up
at installation.  Recently I added a home network
with a router and cable modem.  To connect easily
to either network I installed dhcpcd, which
uninstalled
pump.  However, when I boot at home, initially the
old static address for my office is still
automatically
configured, althought I can see dhcpcd start in the
messages while it boots.  I can then connect using
/etc/init.d/dhcpc start
but I would rather this happen at startup.

Also, dhcpcd writes the defalt nameserver in
/etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf but this is not used unless
I link it with
ln -sf /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.cong
but I would like to make that happen also at startup.

One thing I notice is that in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts
everything is still set up for the old static
network configurations, so I would
like to know how I should rewrite or change that.
Also, /etc/pcmcia/network seems still to refer to
pump.  (I use a Xircom pcmcia card for the ethernet
connection.)

My idea is that I should be able to connect with
dhcp in either place, or alternatively to have it
dynamic at home but static at work.

Thanks for any information or advice.

Steve