Windows XP + Linux

Hi,

I am about to install Woody in my new Toshiba 1800-314 which came with
a copy of WinXp Home Edition installed. In the past I had linux
coexisting with different flavours of Windows (3.11, 95, 98) but never
with XP. I am a bit worried because after a search I got conflicting
views on how easy it is to get linux coexisting with XP. As
anyone in this list tried it sucssefuly? One other related issue is
that XP comes installed in a WIN32 filesystem but I can convert it to
NTFS. Should I do this? will Linux be able to see my XP partition in
an NTFS filesystem.

I looked in the archive for this list but it seems this topic was
never raised.

I have a 15G unpartitioned disk.

Cheers,

Luis
                  Astrophysics Group
   Luís E Mendes  Imperial College        Tel. +44 (0)20 7594 7539
                  Blackett Laboratory     Fax. +44 (0)20 7594 7541
                  Prince Consort Road
                  London, SW7 2BW
                  United Kingdom