Re: Windows XP + Linux

On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 19:39, Luis Mendes wrote:
> I am about to install Woody in my new Toshiba 1800-314 which came with
> a copy of WinXp Home Edition installed.
> anyone in this list tried it sucssefuly? One other related issue is
> that XP comes installed in a WIN32 filesystem but I can convert it to
> NTFS. Should I do this? will Linux be able to see my XP partition in
> an NTFS filesystem.

That'll be a NTFS filesystem in a XP (DOS) partition.
Linux will see it just fine... and will allow you to mount FAT32 or NTFS
partitions (NT readonly)

I've used grub as bootloader, and it boots WINXP just fine (just like
any other MS-os...)

Lilo shouldn't have any problems with it either... bootloaders haven't
changed with XP (still the same from win95 :) )

Mark