Re: Windows XP + Linux

El mié, 06-03-2002 a las 15:39, Luis Mendes escribió:
> I am about to install Woody in my new Toshiba 1800-314 which came with
> a copy of WinXp Home Edition installed. In the past I had linux
> coexisting with different flavours of Windows (3.11, 95, 98) but never
> with XP. I am a bit worried because after a search I got conflicting
> views on how easy it is to get linux coexisting with XP. As
> anyone in this list tried it sucssefuly? One other related issue is
> that XP comes installed in a WIN32 filesystem but I can convert it to
> NTFS. Should I do this? will Linux be able to see my XP partition in
> an NTFS filesystem.

They works ok, like any other WinNT machine.  However, I haven't
tryed to mount an NTFS partition from Linux, yet.

The worst: I used Partition Magic 7 to resize the NTFS partition.
Its a commercial tool.  If you can convert it to FAT32, you can
do it.

AFAIK, the NTFS support on Linux always has been experimental
for reading, and very experimental for writing.

I had some problems with my installation, because the network
card hasn't support on kernel-2.2.20 and I like to install from
net :-)

--
German Poo Caaman~o
mailto:gpoo@ubiobio.cl