ACPI under WindowMaker

I've started playing around with WindowMaker and saw the wmacpi applet.
I downloaded, recompiled my kernel enabling ACPI and disabling APM,
installed the kernel, rebooted and started the ACPI applet. But, the
thing doesn't show any information. It's constantly at 100% (even
thought right now I'm on 76% battery) and says that I'm in AC mode. Has
the API for the kernel changed? I'm running the 2.4.16 kernel.

Also, I'm soliciting any recommendations for good WM applets to use. I
grabbed them all and played around with them. I'm definitely looking for
both AIM and ICQ clones that will integrate nicely with WindowMaker...

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp @ <http://welcome.to/mcpierce>