Re: Xircom Combo kernel modules

* Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com> spake thus:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 01:53:06AM +0000, Stig Brautaset wrote:
<<snip>>
> > running, but it fails to come up on boot (or after resume). Basically,
> > the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts data is not taken into account.
> >
> > I can get my eth0 up and running by putting the proper information in the
> > /etc/networks/interfaces file and running /etc/inet.c/networking after
<<snip>>

> Well.. PCMCIA integrates with APM pretty well (check /etc/apm/event.d),
> whereas the /etc/networks/interfaces stuff AFAIK doesn't.
>
> Why not tweak /etc/pcmcia/{network,wireless}.opts so you run the network
> entirely through there?

That's just what I always have done (se above)...

The problem is that when I use the kernel's own modules, the
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts file is silently ignored, and I have to use
"ifconfig eth0 x.x.x.x && route add default gw y.y.y.y" manually.

The problem dissappears if I boot a different kernel that use the
pcmcia-cs modules. The only other difference is that I change
/etc/default/pcmcia to read yenta_socket inst4ead of i82365.

Thank you for your time,

Regards,
Stig

--