Re: Xircom Combo kernel modules

* Jeff <jcoppock1@home.com> spake thus:
> Stig Brautaset, 2001-Nov-24 16:38 +0000:
> > apart from the new kernel. I load the driver for the card, and
> > "ifconfig -a" shows that eth0 is present, but running
> > /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart fail with a message that "i82365 failed
> > to load" or something to
>
> If you're using a 2.4.x kernel you must use the yenta socket driver
> instead of i82365.  I've seent this come across the list previously,
> so check the archives for more info, or read the 2.4.x pcmcia docs.

Thanks Jeff, this helped me a lot. I have it up and running now, but
there is still one thing that baffles me... I can get the card up and
running, but it fails to come up on boot (or after resume). Basically,
the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts data is not taken into account.

I can get my eth0 up and running by putting the proper information in the
/etc/networks/interfaces file and running /etc/inet.c/networking after
bootup, but this is run before the /etc/init.d/pcmcia script so
obviously the network initialisation fails and you have to to have a
perfect mode one.

Since i don't have the S??networking script in my /etc/rc2.d directory,
I imagine that the reason is that my networking script run before my
pcmcia-initialising script. The funny thing is, my pcmcia-script has a
higher precedence than my networking script, and I would have thought
the pcmcia one executed first.

Regards,
Stig

--