Xircom Combo kernel modules

Hi list,

I have been trying to get the kernel's own pcmcia-modules to work with
my Xircom CardBus Ethernet 10/100+ Modem 56 card on a Latitude CPxH500GT
laptop running Woody, and I am pretty much stumped now.

Is there something else I need to do besides recompiling the kernel with
the needed drivers? I don't think I've left anything out there, but I
have a sneaking suspicion there is something that needs to be changed
apart from the new kernel. I load the driver for the card, and
"ifconfig -a" shows that eth0 is present, but running /etc/init.d/pcmcia
restart fail with a message that "i82365 failed to load" or something to
that effect. The module is compiled into the kernel, and it is present
in the /lib/modules/`uname -r` dir, so I can't really see the problem...

Thanks in advance for any useful pointers. I have no problems getting
pcmcia to work when compiling them from the pcmcia_cs source, but I
thought I'd just save myself the hassle in future kernel upgrades.

Regards,
Stig

--
brautaset.org